Welcome to FundMyCause. By using this website (the "Site") and services (together with the Site, the "Services") offered by FundMyCause. (together with its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, consultants, employees, officers, and directors - collectively, hereinafter referred to as "FundMyCause," "we," or "us"), you're agreeing to these legally binding rules (the "Terms"). We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we'll let you know about any material changes by updating them on the Site or by sending you an email notifying you that they have been changed. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively - we'll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using FundMyCause after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
2. Creating an Account
You can browse FundMyCause without registering for an account. But to use some of FundMyCause's functions, you'll need to register, choose an account name, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. If you don't follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
You're responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone's used your account without your permission, you should report it to [email protected]
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old.
3. Prohibited Conduct
All of the following actions are prohibited on our site.
- You may not break the law. You may not take any action that infringes or violates other people's rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- You may not lie to people. You may not post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. You may not do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- You may not offer prohibited items. You may not offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of FundMyCause's policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- You may not victimize anyone. You may not do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person's privacy.
- You may not spam. You may not distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. You may not run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- You may not harm anyone's computer. You may not distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to FundMyCause or another party).
- You may not try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- You may not bypass any measures we've put in place to secure the Services.
- You may not try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to FundMyCause or another party.
- You may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what's reasonable.)
- You may not use any kind of software or device (whether it's manual or automated) to "crawl" or "spider" any part of the Site.
- You may not take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of FundMyCause in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms.
4. How Funding Works
These are the terms that apply when you're contributing to a cause:
- You will make your contribution directly to the person whose cause your are funding via Bitcoin. You'll provide your payment information when you contribute. Once the payment is verified your account will be upgraded.
- FundMyCause doesn't offer refunds. Once you have made your pledge, it is final.
5. Stuff We Don't Do and Aren't Responsible For
FundMyCause isn't liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don't become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don't oversee the performance or punctuality of causes, and we don't endorse any content users submit to the Site. When you use the Services, you release FundMyCause from claims, damages, and demands of every kind - known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed - arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You're solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
6. Our Fees
Almost none - we have a 0.0035 admin fee to cover costs such as hosting, employee salaries, etc...
7. FundMyCause's Intellectual Property
FundMyCause's Services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
8. Deleting Your Account
You can terminate your account at any time. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you've already submitted to the Site.
9. Our Rights
FundMyCause reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the FundMyCause Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who's eligible to use FundMyCause. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you're abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use FundMyCause in that jurisdiction.
FundMyCause is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
10. Warranty Disclaimer
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you "as is" and "as available" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
FUNDMYCAUSE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM FUNDMYCAUSE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of FundMyCause. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you'll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
12. Crowdfunding disclosure
Practicality dictates that everyone's results will vary as we are all unique and different, Truthfully, it takes hard work to fund raise a substantial amount of donations through crowdfunding activities, with the Fund My Cause Platform it is no different.
Possibility and factual math allows for the calculations of donations at each stage to be achieved by those who put forth the necessary effort, Probability suggests that most individuals will NOT do so, some individuals will do nothing, and will raise no donations at all.
Fund My Cause does not guarantee any level of fund raised donations, or your success using the Fund My Cause Community Driven, Crowdfunding Structure and Platform.
13. The Rest
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and FundMyCause with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and FundMyCause with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or FundMyCause to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won't be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can't assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get FundMyCause's prior written consent. FundMyCause has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. FundMyCause will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.